1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ error when viewing recordings

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by davebrear, Jul 12, 2005.

1. davebrear

davebrear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi everyone, i just got sky+ installed yesterday with the £49.00 refurb offer i heard about from this forum. All seemed well yesterday as i set it up to tape the simpsons, and watched the "A-team" while it was taping.

However, when i later went back to play what i had recorded, it brings up a message saying it

"Cannot playback a recording without satalite signal"

Upon looking at both inputs signal strengths and qualities they are both well into the last third of the bar.

I have tried recording other programs, all of which record, but none of which will play.

I have a pace PVR1, and all other functions such as live TV pause seem ok.

DOes anyone know a fix for this :lease: or will i have to phone sky tech support?

Thanks
    Dave

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Never heard of that one before - get Sky to swap it out. You might try a forced software update before you do - disconnect the power, hold down the backup button and keep it held down, reconnect the power, do not release the button until you see the on-screen message. The update will take 10 minutes or slightly more.

3. davebrear

davebrear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the quick reply - i will try the forced update tonight and get sky to replace the box if not.

Cheers

Dave

4. jedimaster1971

jedimaster1971
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i would initially just powerr the box down for 30 seconds then switch it back on again it may just be a slight hiccup, i get them quite a lot on my PVR1 but then it is over 4 year old

5. davebrear

davebrear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the responses guys. After 1st, unplugging for about 10mins and restarting it was still the same. But after performing a forced software update all worked fine.

Signal 1 locks straight away, and signal 2 follows suit within about 60 seconds. Is this normal or should i be wary of hdd failure in the future?

Cheers for all the help

Dave (a sky+ customer at last!!! :clap: )

6. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I wouldn't worry unless the drive was unusually noisy. Most refurb'd boxes have brand-new drives, so a failure is unlikely. The box software is stored in RAM, not hard-disk, so it's unlikely that your problem was disk related.