Sky+ EPG problems?

thejudge

Standard Member
Reaction score
My Amstrad Sky+ box has over the last week been very unreliable with its EPG. The software and EPG are the latest versions but the EPG clock seems to fall behind by up to 30mins and sometimes the EPG hangs upon searching for the listings. Useless because even the manual recording relies on the Clock from the EPG!

Is this a general sky problem or is my Sky+ box the source of the problem?

It's a known problem which affects some Amstrad boxes. Report it to Sky.

Hi thejudge,
Does your Sky box suddently stop recording or report that you have to call the Sky problem centre? Because mine stops recording and reports a falilure. I have to do a full system reset. But the same problem comes back again after five days.

Any solutions you might know for this?

Get Sky to change the box for one that does not need resetting once a week. According to the Sale of Goods Act, products must be suitable for the task that they are sold to do, and resetting a box once a week because it fails to work is not acceptable. If they won't play ball, tell them you will take it up with Trading Standards.

It has never happened thus far during a recording it has happened before i wanted to do a recording and so it won't even start recording in the first place?

Do you watch ITV a lot? I hardly ever do and don't seem to get this problem, other people have suggested its to do with the ITV EPG.

This problem only affects some Amstrad boxes, not all. Get Sky to replace it with a box that doesn't suffer these problems. You should not have to put up with it.

I've read on Digital Spy Sky+ forum that it is a software problem that sky is working on for the next update next month!? Does this sound right?

It's possible, but if it was a software problem, why don't all Amstrad boxes suffer ?

I got my Amstrad Sky+ box in November, and had the problem with the clock running slow over the last few weeks as well. It has not affected any recordings so far even though I make several a day, and seems to sort itself out after a little while. My guess was a software fault so was waiting to see what happens after the next update.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom