Sky Entertainment Extra upgrade preventing 3D activation

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Beebop Alula, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Beebop Alula

Beebop Alula
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hoping this is familiar to someone else on the forum....

I am trying to have Sky 3D activated but because my account is marked as 'being in the process of upgraded to Entertainment Extra' I cannot get any further! (Entertainment Extra makes up part of Sky World which is the requirement for 3D).

To be clear; I have the sports, movies and every other channel from what I can gather but I am still not classed as having Entertainment Extra. I cannot complete this upgrade online and the customer services operators cannot do it either.
    A 'CRF' has been raised against my account and I have been told to wait 72 hours before chasing this, but I'm not hopeful about it being resolved.

Anyone else managed to sort this out...?

2. electricseamus

electricseamus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Its obviously just a computer glitch/computer says no. I'd just wait the 72hours and see what happens. I've had a similar 72 hour situation in the past with the record function and it came on fine within 24hrs.

3. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,718
    If you have "every other channel" then you have Entertainment Extra.
    What do they mean by "not being classed" as having it?
    Are they taking the money for it off you?
    Anyway, it's not familiar, and I wouldn't wait 72 minutes to get it sorted - there's a complaints form at mySky.;)

4. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +590
    Your account should look like this -

Attached Files:

5. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,718
    There are links at the bottom of the page that take you to the complaints form.

6. jav123

jav123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    hi mate i am exactly in the same boat as you!

i am also waiting for a reply from this crf department or something!

they orginally wanted an extra £3.00 a month to put me on sky world package!! when technically i am all ready on it, me paying this extra £3.00 a month will absolutley not get me any more channels as i am getting all of them.

lets wait and see !!
    let me know how you get on aswell i will keep you informed.
    :D

7. jav123

jav123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    mind does too, this is the problem!

we have been moved to the new entertainment extra package :thumbsup: but on the internal sky system it shows them (sky customer advisors) this screen and so to them the advisor think we havent subscribed to the full entertainment package, (i.e) music package, news package ect ect.

the advisors dont realise that if you all ready had one of the packages that is now included (part of ) in the entertainment extra package you automatically qualify and be put on the entertainment extra package rather than the normal entertainment package.

for example my package when i first signed up to sky i picked variety pack,style and culture pack, and kids pack,

now under the new packages entertainment pack, style and culture is in there as star one channel ect is part of it and so is variety pack sky 1 channel ect,

BUT kids pack isnt part of entertainment pack as there is no kids channel apart from the freeview stuff, BUT under entertainment extra pack kids channels are included so like there statment on the website says " we have moved you to one of our new entertainment pack or entertainment extra pack and dont worry you wont loose any channels and infact you WILL GAIN SOME new channells"

so i gained music channels, discovery channels, becuase i had kids pack they cant put me on entertainment pack as that would mean i am loosing channels so they put me into entertainment extra pack.

now recently i upgraded and added all the movies and all the sports channel and i also have got HD pack - so what is left to add to be eligable for 3D channel????? NOTHING cus we are technically all ready on sky world package as this is exactly what you would have got if you moved to sky world package.

8. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,718
    Does all that;) mean that you're on SkyWorld but Sky won't activate the 3D channel for you?:confused:
    If so, all you have to do is give the details on the Complaints form at MySky and insist that they activate it for you without any further delay.

9. jav123

jav123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    well technically i am on sky world package as i seem to reiceve all of the ?????

but they said to be officially to be put on sky world package i would have to pay an extra £3.00 a month and i will also recieve a few extra channels???? NO I WONT cus i am recieving everything that sky world package would offer

i am waiting for a reposnse within 72 hours

10. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,718
    They're telling you nonsense, and I would be as patient as you're being.:)

11. jav123

jav123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    finally got it sorted :rolleyes:

what a nightmare!!!!!, i never did get my 72 hour response from any one and neither was there any notes on there system :mad:

i got put through to tv department in india call centre no dissrespect to them as i am indian myself but they havent got the foggiest !

as there were no notes on there system after my promise of a 72 hour response i explained to them what the problem was, he said nothing can be done if you want 3d to be switched on you would have to move package to sky world and pay extra £3.00 a month and i would gain nothing!! told him want to speak to senior, but me through to a lady who apprentley was suppose ot be a manager!!

she couldnt do anything and said it would be escallated i started to laugh and get angry at the same time! said no as i never got repsonse so it wont happen i want to speak to the department that deal with the complaint, i asked what the department was called she didnt have a clue!! and transfered me to sky 3d department !!

he didnt have a lcue who i was or what the problem was as she didnt bother to tell him she quickly transfered the call- basically got rid of me!, i was angry!!

i started explaining to himagain then he started using the typical call centre trick " i cant hear you sir, the line is cutting out" :mad: i just went mad and gave him my mind that dont try that trick on me as i used ot work in a call centre and trying this as he aint got a clue and wants to try to disconnect the call, eventually i automatically got transfered to some 1, i didnt even know untill th other person said a name and said how can i help you!!! :mad:

i just asked to be put through to a uk call centre and guess what i just got transfered to some one else in indian :mad:

i cut the phone and called back and asked not to be put through to india call centre but luckly the person i spoke to could also help me for my tv package :smashin:

after all this he IAN manage to sort it all out for me.

bottom line is when i called them up to add movies and sports i was in the prosess of being transfered to 1 of there new packagage entertainment plus but becuase i called them up and added movis and sports it canx the prosess and it put me back to the back of the cue and he would know when i will be going on to the new package, so at this moment in time,
    it wasnt my fault that i called up to add movies and sports ! basically i called at the wrong time and at the wrong place!!!

he couldnt add sky 3d either becuase of this and it would still ask for £3.00 extra a month and i am not gaining anything, so what he did was add the 3 extra entertainment packs at £1.00 each (£3.00 a month) as there system was still showing i am on the old package, and he reduced my HD pack to half price for 6 months which technically works out that i am not really getting charged the £36 over the year for the switch over as the discounted half price has covered the cost :smashin:.
    and being cheeky i asked can you not just add the other 6 months becuase of the hassel and trouble i have had to go through to come to some 1 like him who knows what he is doing he agreed :smashin: but he couldnt do it there and then as there system would only allow them to offer half price HD for 6 months only but promised me that he would create a reminder in his diary to call me in 6 months time to add the remaining 6 months half price offer on and also said i would leave notes and his name and id ref if he didnt call back :thumbsup:.

i finally got it all sorted if it wasnt for ian it wouldnt have been sorted.

12. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,718
    They are truly amazing.:(