Sky+ Empty Disk shows 25% full

mikehibbert

Standard Member
Hello,

I had a wierd thing happen to my sky+ box the other night. I set it to record two programs simultaneously. I checked they were recording and they both seemed ok. However, when I checked them only one program had recorded, and it seems to have tried to do it twice. I have a failed recording for it, and a successful one also. However, the successful one recoreded for 415 minutes and has filled up the box. Once I watched it, i deleted it.
But now the box says the disk is only 75% empty, but there is nothing else on the disk. I guess the other program I recoreded is on there somewhere, but the disk has "lost" it.
How can I reclaim this space? Is there a "reformat" style tool that allows me to refresh the disk?
Cheers
Mike

pezzer

Standard Member
I think there is also a link somewhere on the forum about a software bug in the sky+ box which shows memory being used when in fact there are no recorded programs - apparently Sky send out a software update to resolve it if the box is under warranty otherwise they send out an engineer to do the same thing for a fee........

mikehibbert

Standard Member
Cheers Guys, will have a look when I get home. I did try searching for the problem, but couldn't find anything (never know how to describe things really!)

ta!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom