1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ Empty Disk shows 25% full

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by mikehibbert, Jan 25, 2005.

1. mikehibbert

mikehibbert
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I had a wierd thing happen to my sky+ box the other night. I set it to record two programs simultaneously. I checked they were recording and they both seemed ok. However, when I checked them only one program had recorded, and it seems to have tried to do it twice. I have a failed recording for it, and a successful one also. However, the successful one recoreded for 415 minutes and has filled up the box. Once I watched it, i deleted it.
    But now the box says the disk is only 75% empty, but there is nothing else on the disk. I guess the other program I recoreded is on there somewhere, but the disk has "lost" it.
    How can I reclaim this space? Is there a "reformat" style tool that allows me to refresh the disk?
    Cheers
    Mike

2. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
  3. pezzer

pezzer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think there is also a link somewhere on the forum about a software bug in the sky+ box which shows memory being used when in fact there are no recorded programs - apparently Sky send out a software update to resolve it if the box is under warranty otherwise they send out an engineer to do the same thing for a fee........

4. mikehibbert

mikehibbert
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Guys, will have a look when I get home. I did try searching for the problem, but couldn't find anything (never know how to describe things really!)

ta!