sky email on htc desire

matthewgordon

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm trying and failing to setup sky email on my HTC desire using the mail widget that comes pre installed. I have tried everything I have read on forums and I still get the message "cannot connect to the mail server to verify your account".

I use the sky email app and this works fine but the widget doesnt show when you have a new mail like the mail app does so I want to use that one.

Can anyone provide me with help?

I have set sky to IMAP and set the following on the incoming settings screen, after this screen I get the error:

Protocol: IMAP
Email: [email protected]
Username: username.... I have also tried my email here
Password: password
Imap server: sky.com also IMAP.tools.sky.com
Security: tried all
Port:143 i have also tried 993 which the sky email app uses.

Please help
Cheers

Don't know it's the best way but I pick up all my mail through googlemail. My mobile syncs with my googlemail account and picks up my sky e-mail too. I have forwarding set up in my sky mail to go to my googlemail address. I've never used the built in mail app.
I'll go and try the inbuilt app and see how I get on.

Your username is the email address. Server is imap.tools.sky.com then set security to ssl and port 993

Those are the settings I use and they were fine for me

If you have a google/gmail account you can check a tick box in mail settings/Forwarding POP/IMAP in your sky account and enter your google/gmail address. It will then forward plus you can still keep a copy at sky.

Managed to get it going using the HTC e-mail app. I have a Magic but would think the settings would be the same on the DHD

Incoming settings
[email protected]
your password
IMAP server: imap.tools.sky.com
Port 993
Security type: SSL

Outgoing settings
SMTP server: smtp.tools.sky.com
Port 465
Security type: SSL

Thanks for all your info I now have the e mail set up - Sky has always been a little odd

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom