sky e-mail (smtp.tools.sky.com)

bluedude1875

Standard Member
Reaction score
sky used to use smtp.sky.com now they are using smtp.tools.sky.com i have changed my seetings (im with office outlook btw) to the new address, i do a test and message comes up saying check e-mail fields. ive rang sky and they will ring back in up to 3 days with an answer!! the change over is end of january.. any ideas as what to do? ive changed port numbers, and user name. but i cant find a way round this
icon9.gif

thanks for all the replies! :rotfl: i have got it sorted now. perserverance is the answer to most problems! :thumbsup:

so what was the solution? its driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!:lease:

im having sky email problems on my imac/mail client, i cant send out anymore!, tried smtp.tools.sky.com too. :( ,
used to work fine with stmp.sky.com

Anyone know the answer to this?

I can't send email either!!

Using Max OsX mail on Leopard.

Was working fine until yesterday :rolleyes:

Hi
Guys has you can see from my post Sky Password Im looking to find out you get the password you need to set up my uncles email does it come in post with his router or the activation date letter.

Thanks in advance

Anyone know the answer to this?

I can't send email either!!

Using Max OsX mail on Leopard.

Was working fine until yesterday :rolleyes:

found out why :rolleyes:

Works fine now :) , edit - testing phase- as i use a different mail provider for incoming, and sky for outgoing.

Farewell smtp.sky.com
Sky's old SMTP servers switched off

It would appear that the smtp.sky.com servers have finally been switched off.

For those of you that did not know, Sky have partnered with Google to offer the new Email Service.

OSX Mail
http://www.skyuser.co.uk/index.php?news=1249

Others
http://www.skyuser.co.uk/index.php?news=1369

Problem

I was using the same email as my website, as provided by the website people. And it was all fine in MAIL OSX, but now we have to use password/user name in the MAIL's server advanced option, otherwise it will not work.

Now my outgoing emails are showing my sky email address! :mad:, and all replies go there.

But i need them to show my website email address as before. Any way around it?

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

I am having the same problem that all of my sent emails from [email protected] are going out as [email protected].
I can't have this !! Looks rubbish for my business.:suicide:

Took some time, but at least I can now send emails again.

This is going to cause a lot of grief from sky broadband users.

Really could do with some help getting this sorted out:lease:

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

I am having the same problem that all of my sent emails from [email protected] are going out as [email protected].
I can't have this !! Looks rubbish for my business.:suicide:

Took some time, but at least I can now send emails again.

This is going to cause a lot of grief from sky broadband users.

Really could do with some help getting this sorted out:lease:

Me too! All assistance most welcome! :lease:

sounds like at moment, this is how google's email system works, and there is no way around it, apart from using an external stmp provider ike authsmtp.com, etc to over come this problem, but means paying for it.

My website hosting company only offers incoming emails, and not outgoing :(

skys new smtp server doesnt support non-sky email addresses, if using own domain names then there is no way to send with smtp.tools.sky.com without logging in with the sky email address and password, i dont see the problem with sky doing this.

if people are using it for their businesses then if u look in your terms and conditions of the contract sky broadband and email is not for business use.
gonna have to use different outgoing servers and for those people too stingy to pay for one if the business was so important then paying for an outgoing server shouldnt be a problem.
nothing to do with sky

thanks for all the replies! :rotfl: i have got it sorted now. perserverance is the answer to most problems! :thumbsup:

How did you sort it, please?
I can't send anything via outlook. Can receive everything fine though. Checked the settings about a million times, so really can't see what I'm doing wrong!!

How did you sort it, please?
I can't send anything via outlook. Can receive everything fine though. Checked the settings about a million times, so really can't see what I'm doing wrong!!

if your on a pc you can try something like http://www.postcastserver.com/ , not used it myself as on a Mac.

Currently my best solution is to forgot Sky all together, and upgrade my hosting package from a linux to a windows based server for about £20 and have a solid smtp outgoing sever from them :)

Think my problem is because I'm using Office 2002.
If I upgrade to 2003, I believe it will work ok.

Think my problem is because I'm using Office 2002.
If I upgrade to 2003, I believe it will work ok.

yes sorry, the link is for anyone who wants to use their own domain email address for outgoing, instead of sky, not sure if it works.

i dont see the problem with sky doing this.

if people are using it for their businesses then if u look in your terms and conditions of the contract sky broadband and email is not for business use.
gonna have to use different outgoing servers and for those people too stingy to pay for one if the business was so important then paying for an outgoing server shouldnt be a problem.
nothing to do with sky

SkyBroadband:(, you are a twit. There are a lot of problems with sky doing this. Starting with the fact they have run it this way for years, now they change their policy - This is a problem.

The Domain I am using is a family name, not the business. I do have my own smtp server too, but will only work on port 25, which sky block ! Bless them !!!

Take a look at the mail settings page under your "mysky"

It kinda works :rolleyes:

Using A Different From Address To Send Mail

1. Log in to your Sky Email account.
2. Click Mail Settings along the top of any page and then select the Accounts tab.
3. Click Add another email address in the Send mail as section.
4. Enter your full name in the Name field and the email address you'd like to send messages from in the Email address field.

Replies are delivered to the From: address rather than your Sky Email address.

Just click Specify a different reply-to address for replies to be delivered to another account

Take a look at the mail settings page under your "mysky"

It kinda works :rolleyes:

When I enter all the settings into outlook and hit test account settings, it passes all the tests except the last one. Says that i need to check the email field is correct.

so check that the email address field is correct then..

and...

FOR OUTGOING:

SMTP.TOOLS.SKY.COM

PORT= 465

USE AUTHENTICATION

ENABLE SSL

FOR INCOMING:

POP.TOOLS.SKY.COM

PORT=995

SECURITY=SSL

If youve failed login a few times you might have to wait 5 or 10 minutes to reset the failed login timer block

so check that the email address field is correct then..

and...

FOR OUTGOING:

SMTP.TOOLS.SKY.COM

PORT= 465

USE AUTHENTICATION

ENABLE SSL

FOR INCOMING:

POP.TOOLS.SKY.COM

PORT=995

SECURITY=SSL

If youve failed login a few times you might have to wait 5 or 10 minutes to reset the failed login timer block

Have checked the email field a million times, and it is correct. The settings you listed in your last post are as per the sky instructions. I have used those EXACTLY as described but I still get the same message.

Interestingly, I tried the same settings on my work laptop (it has outlook 2003) and it worked first time.
But my home PC uses outlook 2002 and I'm thinking that's the problem.

Has anyone else managed to get it working with outlook 2002?

SkyBroadband:(, you are a twit. There are a lot of problems with sky doing this. Starting with the fact they have run it this way for years, now they change their policy - This is a problem.

The Domain I am using is a family name, not the business. I do have my own smtp server too, but will only work on port 25, which sky block ! Bless them !!!

sky havent been running the old server for years considering sky broadband has only gone live a year ago sky only block port 25 for skys outgoing server if your using your own smtp server then you shouldnt get this problem.

how do i know this, because i work for them. skys email service is a free service supplied as part of your sky broadband package other domain names are not their problem.

skys new smtp server doesnt support non-sky email addresses, if using own domain names then there is no way to send with smtp.tools.sky.com without logging in with the sky email address and password, i dont see the problem with sky doing this.

nothing to do with sky

SkyUser Forum have setup a SMTP server - so problem is sorted now, just mail them

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-email-portal-log/20308-demand-skyuser-smtp-server.html

Having set up my domain POP account with 123-reg and using outlook express along with my blackberry with SKY as my broadband provider it was all going tickety-boo.
Then as we all know SKY switched their servers over without telling anyone (obviously never having heard of customer service) and we couldn't send email from our outlook accounts - nice.
So we all changed our outging server to smtp.sky.tools.co.uk and found that worked very nicely thank you. A week later and it's on lock down again. Now I for one hate being at the mercy of SKY and have found a way around it. I contacted my email provider at 123.reg who advised me SKY are trying to force people to use their email [email protected]
Hell will freeze over before I put my name in the same sentence as theirs.
They are blocking anyone with a POP account due to 'excessive traffic'. I have phoned SKY who continue to say (as they have done for nearly 2 wks now)
"Our engineers know there are problems and are working on it yada yada yada yawn yawn yawn..."
So for those of you with a POP account and who want to retain their email address (like me for business purposes) and who want to bypass SKY completely, then pay attention.... I'm not sure but I think this only works if your POP account runs through 123-reg

123-reg.co.uk have their own server. HA! Who needs SKY servers for email anyway when it's that rubbish!
It means you don't need outlook anymore and the interface is very similar to outlook anyway so what's stopping you? It may not bring down the mighty Mr Murdoch but a 2 finger salute is just as gratifying! Stick that up and this in for a chance to feel smug...
http://newwebmail.123-reg.co.uk

:hiya:im sorry but who is this to say that they would rather that hell freeze over before their name beside a sky email account ur able enough to avail of sky broadband for your internet provider if u dont want them and think it s so crap including the customer service then go back to 123.reg or whoever your previous isp is.
oh yeah u prob cant because your probably availing of skys free base package, skys always good for something when u want it for free eh!!
mr murdoch has enough customers without the likes of u, if the customer service is so bad then dont phone them. easy as, if ur broadband or email doesnt work, go else where, easy as.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom