• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky+ / DVD Recorder / Plasma TV Cabling advice

tspill

Standard Member
Hi,

I have just bought a Panasonic 42PZ70 Plasma TV. It is amazing - even on SD from Sky!

I have a question about cabling together the above components.

Currently I havs Sky+ (TV-RGB stact) connected to my TV
I have my DVD Recorder connected to the TV over HDMI (upscaled to 1080p)
I have a scart connected from the other non RGB scart socket on the Sky+ to the DvD`recorder to allow it to record from the Sky box.

I am conscious that the Sky to DVD-R is not as good as the RGB.

Is there a better way to cable this. I was thinking of 2 options
1. Cable the Sky+(RGB) to the DVD-R and always watch the Sky through the DVD-R. Does adding an additional cable and box in the chain degrade the signal noticibly? Will the up-scaled bicture from the DVD-R be better than the native Sky+ picture?
2. Get a Scart splitter to take the SkY RGB signale and split to both the DVD-R and the TV. Some thing like the JS-Tech video buffer - http://www.js-technology.com/produc...id=51&osCsid=f3db6e393e70255691cc2d97b5b31c06

Any thoughts or advice here?

Regards

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom