1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky , DVD recorder, JS RGB - VGA, PLasma problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rooster, Sep 7, 2005.

1. rooster

rooster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just bought a dvd recorder but i can't get sky to pass through it and then through JS RGB convertor and then onto plamsa. i have set sky output to RGB and av in and av out on recorder to RGB. But all i get is blank screen on plasma. Yet if i hook the output from recorder straight to TV then everything is fine. Anyone got any ideas what is wrong?

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    rooster

What happens if you connect the SKY Digibox direct to the RGB converter and the Converter to the Display?

Best regards

Joe

3. rooster

rooster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Joe everything is fine if i don't go through DVD recorder. I have been using the JS convertor for a year with no problems . Just wondering if the recorder is outputing RGB? i am using a very cheap additional scart cable from recorder to JS as it was the only one i have. Where as the cable from sky to recorder is an expensive one, could the problem lie there? Though i suppose that doesnt explain why i get picture on my small portable