1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKY+ dropping frames

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by hotmetal, Mar 9, 2005.

1. hotmetal

hotmetal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have recently bought a 160gb hard disk upgrade for my Pace Sky plus box to give me more capacity but mainly to cure the drop outs and missing frames I was getting. Some recordings could have as much as a second missing at least 4 or 5 times during a programme which, as you can imagine, is very annoying. I had put this down to the original hard disk dying on me .
    I fitted the new drive without any problems and do have increased capacity but the momentary skipping problem still persists, although not as bad as before but it is still there nevertheless. Now it seems frames are getting dropped rather than seconds as the jumps are not so big and I am not losing so many words during a programme. I am also getting slight jpg corruption on the recordings sometimes which i was getting before but also put it down to the hard disk gettting corrupted. Both signal strength indicators show a healthy signal but I have swapped the aerial inputs over to see if this cured it. It didn't but there again I don't get any problems with normal viewing either before or after the upgrade. I am at a loss now as to what to do. Does anyone have any ideas to cure this or have you come across this before?