Sky Dolby audio can't be downscaled to PCM stereo?

I think I have the solution. I already have a 4 in 2 out optical matrix switch.

This is all interesting - and useful. Sevenoaks are going to return imminently to 'try some things' so I'll throw this into the mix :)

This is all interesting - and useful. Sevenoaks are going to return imminently to 'try some things' so I'll throw this into the mix :)
Waiting for a 2 in 1 out stereo mechanical switch, so I can route hdr-1000S OR FVP-5000T TO DVI IN HDMI BOX.

Attachments

• DVI In HDMI Out toslink Audio inserter top20200106.jpg
    DVI In HDMI Out toslink Audio inserter top20200106.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Rear Connections20200106.jpg
    Rear Connections20200106.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 40
Success. The DVI device didn't work as unable to handshake over the cat 7 balun pair link to the remote TV. The other device linked to above (the hdmi audio embedder from Amazon) does work. The switch referred to above sends either source box analogue outputs to the embedder. (HDR-1000S). As a bonus it provides a stereo headphone connection output.

Both sources now set to output Dolby Digital from HDMI. Audio is fine in kitchen. As a consequence of the switch you can watch the video of one box and listen to the audio of the other.

The OP would need a hdmi audio d-embedder with hdmi out (or a HDMI splitter), as a Sky-Q box lacks stereo analogue out sockets. As only one source the audio switch will not be needed

Spoke too soon. Device packed up after a few days so returning for a refund (no video output) .

This one from the US should work OK (needs a UK to US power adaptor).

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Well, it turned out to be be pretty simple to resolve: Sky Q outputs stereo over optical at the same time as passing 5.1 over HDMI - so we took stereo input into Zone 2 and that works fine. Despite Denon telling us that it wouldn't work!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom