sky distribution questions

Doctor_AB

I posted a while ago about distributing the output of 2 sky boxes around the house and received a lot of help. I think I have it all sorted but I have a couple more queries.

What is the best distribution amp for up to 12 aerial points? (it must be sky link compatible)

With 2 sky boxes is there any way to control whick sky box reponds to sky link?

logiciel

You'd need a "link" for one receiver and an extender for the other.

Doctor_AB

Thanks guys. So the box I use the rf1 out from I can control with a sender and the one I use rf2 I can use a link?

logiciel

That's extender and link.
Or you could use videosenders instead of the whole thing. ;)

Doctor_AB

Sorry yes extender, tried a video sender and got a lot of interference. Also interfered with my wifi although this was better with changing the channels of wifi network and video sender but picture was still not great.

logiciel

The results with videosenders do vary according to what other RF devices there are around.
Some find the ones that work on the higher of the two frequencies are less affected.

derbyjj

for sky and either sky+ or skyHD then a sky plus combiner will do the trick( try CPC preston or online).
for sky+ and skyHd together then you need a different combiner which i think is called super combiner ( its from the same co I think.) it allows you to set up up to 4 of the same type of sky boxes and control then from any location. the problem it solves is that a sky+ controller also works the HD Box.

Doctor_AB

thanks guys very helpful. one more question, if i use an 8 way distibutor and later need more outputs, can i add a second 8 way? How would the 2 be connecte. i.e. whci output from 1st distribution amp to 2nd if this is possible. Thanks

Doctor_AB

Thanks mate any recommendations as to which loft box/ distribution amp to use as I am having trouble choosing one. I see that there are sone with up to 16 outputs.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom