SKY+ distribution loftbox

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by martingpye, Feb 23, 2014.

1. martingpye

martingpye
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys i cant find what im looking for, either that or im getting confused, either way here is my Q:

I have Sky+HD currently installed in the living room ( 2 dish inputs and an aerial, connecting to TV via HDMI and to AV reciever via optical cable for 5.1 Surround). I want to distribute the Sky signal, and the tv aerial signal to multiple locations using something like a loftbox amplified distributor.

I am not sure what route to go down out of the 2 below, or whether it even matters:

Option 1

Leave as it is and route the RF2 output from the SKY+HD box to the loftbox into the UHF input. Connect FM, and another TV aerial cable into the loftbox too. Distribute TV out 1, 2, 3...8 to the TVs round the house with magic eye.
    The only problem with this is that i have heard i need to make a loop so that Tv aerial goes into loftbox first and not SKY+HD box, then loftbox living room output> wall plate > SKY+HD aerial in>RF2 out>wall plate>loft box UHF in

Option 2

Use a layout such as the top left one in the following diagram (i am not planing on having multiple digiboxes): LoftBox Expander diagram.jpg
    I think this involves re routing the coax for both dish feeds and the tv aerial to the loftbox first before expanding and diplexing the signals. This is the only diagram (amongst other similar concepts) that i can find so i am starting to think it should be done like this.

However, i find option 1 looking so much easier as the sat feeds are already at the digibox location but i am not sure if it will work? All i'd need to do is run a coax from SKY+HD RF2 to Loftbox UHF and then distribute with magic eyes. (+ maybe run a tv aerial to loftbox and then another coax from loft box living room to a wall plate or something).

Can someone confirm/comment/assist on which way i should go for (or a better way if these are rubbish!!).

2. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,778
    Hi and welcome to the forum.
    You can now connect the Sky machine direct to the amplifier without the addition of the optical cable.
    The output from RF2 Out needs only to be connected to the distributor.
    Wallplates may prevent transmission of the remote control signal.

3. martingpye

martingpye
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great thanks for the reply. So just to confirm:
    i can keep sat 1 and 2 and Tv aerial as they are directly into the sky box, and then feed the rf2 out to the UHF on the loft box (as well as feed a tv aerial to the loftbox) and distribute sky and freeview signals using the tv out connections?

4. Stevenage Neil

Stevenage Neil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +897
    The Sky RF2 output contains both Sky signal and the aerial signal, if the aerial is plugged into RF In on the Sky box. Only RF2 needs to be connected to the distributor UHF In.

Do you really want "magic Eyes" in every room, seeing as everyone has to watch the same Sky channel?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  5. martingpye

martingpye
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome cheers pal :)

6. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned: