Sky distribution in Dining room and bedroom help!

selector007

Standard Member
:lease:

Right then people I've read a whole heap of threads in relation to what i want to do but haven't found the answer i'm looking for, well i'm nearly there. Hope you guys can help.

In one sentence, I would like to have sky in more than one room!

I know i need to have a magic eye to change the channels and I understand the concept of this and that a coaxial cable needs to run from the sky box to the tv's where i want the magic eyes!

But what i need to know from you guys is I don't really want to have cables running from the sky box outside then up the walls, is it possible to have the cable coming from the sky box in the lounge into the aerial plate (right next to the sky box), if i have a splitter/amp/receiver in the loft from which all the tv's in the house run from?

Thanks Guys

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
IF you have an unused aerial point near sky box you can use this to feed the sky RF2 signal up to the Loft (if the cable goes there and into a Distribution amplifier to feed the other points in the house its relatively simple setup but can become complex) if your main aerial omes into the loft its easier as long as you dont want terrestrial feed in lougne (this is where it gets complex)

selector007

Standard Member
Thanks.

My main aerial does come into the loft which currently links to a 2 way splitter (which i wouildl ike to replace with a distribution amp), so do i just connect the main aerial into the new amp/splitter and then juts connect the sky feed to the plate?

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
ideally you need a distirbution AMP that has UHF input and then a sat input global do some interesting boxes one of whih connecs the aerial to the sat feeds so you can have UHF feed and return (requires a faceplate in lounge and sat cable to run into loft) but look at GLobal TV link gear as well as labgear and others

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom