Sky+ display problems

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by lopper_out, Sep 19, 2004.

1. lopper_out

lopper_out

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an annoying problem that I get a ghosting image going across the screen from BBC one while i am watching other channels. It's at its worst on saturday afternoon's when you can see score's from the football on final whistle going across the screen. I need help!! as it is driving me insane. :zonked:

2. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,072
    Do you have the aerial connected to the digibox? If so disconnect it and see if that helps , it does not have to be connected at all really.I've never had it connected in all the time I've had Sky .

3. tattyman

tattyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have your tv channel (on the TV, not the Sky box) set to BBC1?

I used to have this problem with my Panasonic TV and SKY+ box, whatever channel the TV was set to would ghost through underneath the SKY picture (which was coming in through the AV1 SCART socket. The only way I could stop it was to set the TV to Channel 0, which was tuned into my VCR and thus pure black when the VCR was in stand by.

Then I read an article on a TV installers website that said this was a common problem due to the TV sending it's channel out on the SCART cable on pin 19, and if you snipped pin 19 the ghosting would go away. I did this and, hey presto, no more ghosting.

4. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    I had the same problem even though no aerial was connected to the Sky box. I bought a fully shielded scart cable and it solved the problem.

John

5. Emm

Emm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've done this too (pin 19 at the 'TV input' end) to cure the 'ghostly' background image - it does work

:cool: