sky+ DISH

toptinker

Standard Member
Reaction score
hello, just checked the signal quality on my sky+ and noticed that the quality of signal on both inputs 1 and 2 are only at about 50 percent, is the the dish a touch out of line ? can i just tweek it abit anybody help

General location at least in your profile would help a lot in this forum.

Are you experiencing any reception problems? What is the weather like in your location? What is your setup - just one Sky+?

if your pics and recordings are fine i wouldnt worry about it.also like dave says where in the country you are will depend on how strong the signal is

thanks for that my location is tameside,east manchester. 2 days ago i did tweek the dish lnb and the signal strength has not moved both 50% but the signal quality on both inputs is now 75%. should i accept this as normal ? just got the sky + set up. never had a prob with the sky picture just seeing if i could improve it a touch

thanks for that my location is tameside,east manchester. 2 days ago i did tweek the dish lnb and the signal strength has not moved both 50% but the signal quality on both inputs is now 75%. should i accept this as normal ? just got the sky + set up. never had a prob with the sky picture just seeing if i could improve it a touch

The readings are merely indicators and do not give accurate readings that can be compared between boxes. I have two standard Sky and two Sky+ plus five other non Sky boxes and with the same cable readings on both the Strength and quality can vary between 40 & 100% all with perfect reception it can even vary between the two inputs on twin tuner boxes (Sky+ and others). Think about it the feature is added to the box for a few pounds whereas an accurate signal meter is going to cost a few hundred pounds. They are good enough for maximising the alignment of your dish and comparing lnbs on a dish but cannot be compared between boxes even of the same make and model.

i take more notice of the signal quality than the strength.75% sounds more than fair

You will not improve "picture quality" by improving signal strength or quality. Digital is all or nothing (unlike analogue signals which deteriate slowly)- with blocky pixellation etc on the borderline. If you are not suffering from this you cannot improve picture quality

You will not improve "picture quality" by improving signal strength or quality. Digital is all or nothing (unlike analogue signals which deteriate slowly)- with blocky pixellation etc on the borderline. If you are not suffering from this you cannot improve picture quality

Absolutely true, but a higher signal level will give a greater fade margin in bad weather.

I've just moved to a location literally on the south coast (we can look across to France on a clear day).

Despite having the Sky dish professionally aligned, we regularly lose satellite reception in the driving rain that we've been getting lately.

My new neighbours confirm this is a well known phenomenon.

So, I've just invested in a Zone 2 dish (really meant for the north of Scotland) in the hope of getting more reliable reception.

Time will tell...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom