Sky Dish Stand

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Links, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Links

Links

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Following on from a previous query I've now been allowed by the landlady to have the dish mounted on a stand on the balcony. Sky have confirmed they will install this if I supply the stand (but it has to meet their requirements).

Don't suppose anybody can recommend such a stand? They're surprisingly hard to find, even after doing a Google.

TIA

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/prod...pc+catalogue&category_name=&product_id=274674 the stand is part SE0019766 and costs £40.06+

They are hearty when they laugh, what is there to install ? Why not buy a reciever yourself then contact $ly for a viewing card ?

3. Robbie34

Robbie34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Unless you are getting a subsidised box from Sky it is much cheaper to do it yourself, and it is quite easy. Your balcony must be south facing with no obstructions.

I use one of the Maxview tripods to mount my dish when I'm staying in France.

4. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I searched through the satcure site and found a stand suitable for balcony use on their "Caravan/motorhome" page. Only £6.95 plus carriage etc. Optional 50cm dish/LNB available, too.

www.satcure.com