Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sky Dish Stand

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Links, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Links

Links

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Following on from a previous query I've now been allowed by the landlady to have the dish mounted on a stand on the balcony. Sky have confirmed they will install this if I supply the stand (but it has to meet their requirements).

Don't suppose anybody can recommend such a stand? They're surprisingly hard to find, even after doing a Google.

TIA

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/prod...pc+catalogue&category_name=&product_id=274674 the stand is part SE0019766 and costs £40.06+

They are hearty when they laugh, what is there to install ? Why not buy a reciever yourself then contact $ly for a viewing card ?

3. Robbie34

Robbie34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Unless you are getting a subsidised box from Sky it is much cheaper to do it yourself, and it is quite easy. Your balcony must be south facing with no obstructions.

I use one of the Maxview tripods to mount my dish when I'm staying in France.

4. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I searched through the satcure site and found a stand suitable for balcony use on their "Caravan/motorhome" page. Only £6.95 plus carriage etc. Optional 50cm dish/LNB available, too.

www.satcure.com