• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky Dish Problem

amish99

Standard Member
Hi All,

i recently upgraded to sky HD from standard sky, and have had nothing but headache with sky,

The engineer came out install the system, then 2 hours later i lost signal, called up sky again and the engineer who came out was able to get signal, very low i may say, which wasnt able to be locked by the box,

Sky then sent out the "Special Hieghts Team", who wernt able to put the dish up on my chimney, due to health ans safety.

Twice the SHT came out and the 2nd time they simply put the dish on a pole, drilled into into a spare concrete slab we had, placed it ontop of sum spare tiles and left it on a flat roof.
They are expecting me to foot the bill for an independent engineer to put it on my chimney, even though they left me with a dish simply resting on my flat roof.

What are my options, ive spent 2 hours on the phone to sky and they just seem to be sending me to every different department.

fernandez

Distinguished Member
Which raises the question, as you've recently upgraded to HD from standard Sky were there problems with the signal/reception before this happened?

If there weren't it's difficult to see why these troubles should occur now.

Without knowing the layout of the premises and placement of the dish it's difficult to advise

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom