1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky dish installation

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by pete101, Jun 8, 2004.

1. pete101

pete101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Ive looked everywhere to find the info i need,but am still none the wiser. I have moved address recently, i had sky (not +) at my old house and cancelled subscription ages ago so was only receiving the free channels, i took the dish with me to this address.
    ive got freeview here(on an old ondigital box) but have dug out the sky dish and box to try them, only the main problem im having is getting a signal with the dish, im guessing the angle it needs by comparing it to other dishes in the area. Is there a "fool proof" way of installing the dish to get optimum signal???
    i came across one website that said the best way to align the dish was to point it directly at the sun (south-southwest) between 1pm and 2pm?? i might try that later in desperation, any help appreciated!

2. noddingdino

noddingdino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'm sure that you can get an alignment tool from Maplins (not sure how much - take a look at their website) - sorry, but can't offer any more help than that! I'm sure that someone else will be able to give you some more info!

3. pete101

pete101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    K, ill have a look there. cheers.