1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Digital to HS10 - Newbie to PJ's...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by marcw, Jan 14, 2003.

1. marcw

marcw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As you may or may not be aware, I GOT A HS10 AT THE WEEKEND!!!!! :D Got my DVD player "hashed" into it via S-Video for now... But there's a footie match on Friday night and I think the boys are coming round expecting a bit of big screen Sky Sports action...

How on earth am I supposed to get a signal from my Pace Digibox to this PJ??? It's got 2 SCART sockets, one RGB enabled, and that's it. I've read about RGB to S-Video converters, is that my only option?

2. benmc

benmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    It depends how your sky box is connected up at the moment.

What you could do is the following.

Sky to Projector via composite from the SCART. I tried this combination yesterday at NEXNIX and the picture was OK.

You must remember that the quality from SKY Digital is not the best and a large screen will show that up.

Ben

3. gothmog

gothmog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Marcus Wood

Marcus Wood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    In theory, you'd get the best PQ using the either a SCART RGB to VGA converter (you'd then have to use the optional Sony VGA cable) or a SCART RGB to component converter (see gothmog's link for both).

I'm planning on getting an HS10 projector soon, and I was intending to convert to component.

However:

this comment has worried me a bit.

I was thinking Sky Digital would look about the same as an indifferent DVD when blown up on a big screen (at least with anamorphic channels).

I'd be interested to know more about people's experience with Sky PQ on front projectors using the Sky RGB output - especially how it compares with DVDs.

Also, (sorry this is a bit off topic) I was thinking of swapping my Sony Digibox for a Pace Sky+ box - does anyone know if there'd be any difference in PQ between the Sony and the Sky+? I think any differences would probably be much more noticeable on a FP than a TV.