1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Digital through Home Cinema Kit

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by derbyshireduck, Feb 14, 2004.

1. derbyshireduck

derbyshireduck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Any advice gratefully accepted.

I have a home cinema system (JVC) connected to a Toshiba television. The connection is via a Scart lead. I also have Sky Digital which is connected to the television by Scart.

The home cinema system works fine and I can get full surround sound through my speakers. I would however, also like to be able to have my Sky Digital through the home cinema system to be able to enjoy the surround sound broadcast movies.

I have purchased a phono to phono cable and connected this from my home cinema to the tv. I am however. only getting sound from my two front speakers and the sub woofer. There is no sound coming through the centre speaker or rear surround speakers.

Could somebody please advise me on what I am doing wrong ? The system I have I am sure will be able to provide this functionality but I am frustrated at the moment that I cannot fully utilise it.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Regards
    Tony

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I assume that you mean that you have bought two phono to phono cables as there should be a left and right cable and this should be connected to the audio outputs on the Sky box with the other end going to a pair of audio input terminals on the home cinema amp.

If you have connected it correctly the next thing to look at is the setup menu as possibly you need to tell it somewhere that you have rear speakers plus a centre as it may be set to "phantom" mode.

3. derbyshireduck

derbyshireduck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I did by a two phono to phone cable (red and white) and have them connected as you stated. I will look through the JVC handbook and see if I can see how to set-up the system options.

Many thanks
    Tony

4. dantheman

dantheman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On the sky digital remote go into the services menu and select system set up, then sound options and check that the digibox is outputting stereo. On your receiver check that your centre and rear channels are set to on. Set a surround mode option like dolby prologic 2 and mute the tv speakers. You should then have 5.1 surround sound although not as good as dolby digital its a good compromise.