1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Digital sound problem??

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Stevieg606, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Stevieg606

Stevieg606

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I seem to have a sound problem running on new channels like Motors TV is like a 'swirling' sound in the background this is happening on several channels but NOT any of the SKY channels any ideas?

Steve

2. gges

gges

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Grundig receiver?

3. Stevieg606

Stevieg606

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, sorry should have said Im running a Panasonic receiver through amp etc...

4. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you connect the phonos to the amp or do you use the scart lead to tv and phonos from tv to amp?

Whatever the answer, try the other and see if you still get it.

Personally, i use the audio passthrough via the tv to the amp and get no sound problems. Although some televisions don't handle passthrough very well.

5. js

js

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is the swirling sound similar to when you have water in your ears from swimming and when it comes out of the ear you get a funny sort of sound as your hearing returns to normal (strange description I know). I get this on perhaps 1 or 2 channels (i had sky dig installed last Thursday) through my new Loewe Xelos. but it seems to only happen more when the speakers are set to wide. Its not the whole sound that is affected but some frequencies and I suppose it could be the compression ?? on some channels. Anyone feel free to correct me on that.

6. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't hear it on any channels.

I connect via scart to the tv and then 2x phono out from the tv to my HarmanKardon AVR500 receiver.

7. Stevieg606

Stevieg606

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im with James on this one. 1 or 2 channels seem to be effected and normally not SKY ar BBC channels etc... I find it mostly on Motors TV.

I have tried the above but running the sound through my TV to my amp causes my TV to be in the soundfield which i do not want and I have no way of changing this.

If i am to change the format of sound to just stereo I don't have this problem only when running Pro Logic.

Any comments greatfully received!!

Steve

8. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Late at night when the picture goes all fuzzy I sometimes hear voices calling me into the TV. I can also see vague outlines of human figures in the interference. Has anyone else noticed this or is it simply that my house is possessed by Satan and I am being drawn into another dimension full of lost souls? Either way it's not a big problem.

S

9. squid

squid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes i have this same problem . don't wory it's probably only demon infestation .

at least i don't have the sound problem with pro-logic . now that would bother me :D

10. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did a bit more research into this noise tonight by pressing my ear against the screen. This was a bad move as the TV imploded and I was cast into what I can only describe as a 'Vortex of evil' where my eternal soul was tortured for all time. After that I was made to die a thousand deaths, each infinitely more painful than the last.

Worst thing is it flipped all the trips and I had to reset the clock on the microwave. I asked the Vicar about it but his head started spinning around and he appeared to be gargling and spouting obscenities. I just feel like giving up Home Cinema, it's too much hassle.

11. js

js

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Blimey sounds nasty
    Might need your set degaussing or something.
    Call an engineer he can wave his magic wand and all will be fine again. Buy a powersurge protector as well to feed all your AV equipment, it should stop all unwanted signals down the line including those pesky evil ones.