Sky Digital - some help ( advice ) needed

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by dUnKle, Jun 7, 2003.

1. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,455
    At home we have two boxes, mine and my dads - dad subscribes to the FULL package along with the football season ticket - I pay ( around ) £14 to get what he gets

Both boxes are currently connected to the phone line.

Yesterday we got a letter saying that one box was not connecting to the phone line - we assumed it would be mine as it had been unplugged for a couple of days however after a call to Sky it turned out to be dads box.

We checked and the box IS connected - the guy from SKY seemed to doubt this and said unless its sorted they will have to send an enginner to check and for that we would HAVE to pay £60

Can anyone give any advice as to what is going on and what all this connection business is about ? Dad has had his Sky Digital box since day one and since that time its never been unplugged.

We are all big Sky fans and so could do with some advice

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    do you with-hold your number or anything like that, has been some stuff about boxes getting confused and not dialling 141 prefix, easy to solve in menu. I was pretty sure that the box didn't "have" to connected and only the discounted from that marketing company required you to have the box connected for 12 months, I maybe wrong though not being a sky subscriber myself!

An ARPU push perhaps!!!

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Perhaps it's something simple like a faulty phone socket or cable, might be an problem with the digibox modem itself.
    Can your Dad use his digibox to go online and check his statment, just to confirm the hardware is all ok.

Under the mirror subscription deal both boxes need to be able to connect to the SKY computer to varify their location, I'm afraid without this ability SKY will assume you are not in possession of the mirror card. Their first step is to offer a callout to check your hardware is capable of making the connections, the second is to charge you full price for the second subscription.
    If their is a problem with your Dads digibox then I would certainly pressure SKY into giving you a free service call, after all you are paying SKY a lot of money and it's not in their lont term interests to p**s you off.

4. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This topic is covered in detail HERE.

Fman