Sky Digital Signal

chuckalicious

Established Member
Reaction score
I have Sky Digital with a Panasonic D something 31 box. For about the past 5 or so months I've only used it as a free to air box, and the signal seemed fine, however, a few nights ago I signed back up to Sky and now the signal seems shocking.

On channels such as ITV, 4, Sky 1 and many of the higher music channels, the picture and sound keep breaking up. I know it didn't do this on those channels (not Sky 1 as I didn't have it) before. I've checked the signal strength and quality and both are pretty high (one is almost full and the other is a tiny bit below the one that's almost full, sorry I can't remember which is which).

I know if I call Sky they will offer to send someone out at the cost of £60 ish and I know that there's a chance I could get Sky+ and an install for that price, at which point all the cables etc would be checked..... however I really can't afford that extra £10 a month

Is there anything I can do?

Hmm, I can't actually help, but I've got an Amstrad Sky+ box and as of about a week ago my picture & sound has started to break up on certain channels too. Not sure of all of them, but definitely Channel 4, The Amp, Paramount & Sky Sports News.

I've got someone coming from Sky in a couple of weeks (I'm only free on weekends :( ) to sort hopefully. I'll let you know of the solution (if you can wait that long).

Well, I called Sky last night to ask for help with the problem....

They said they'd need to send an engineer out to fix it, which would cost £65.

Not prepared to spend that, and not prepared to spend x amount a month on something that stutters and jumps, so I said I'd cancel.... which I would have.

A Sky engineer is coming out free of charge and will replace any hardware, free of charge.

Not bad :)

Excellent. :D

Let me know how it goes then. I'm assuming it's a problem with the box, but it'd be good to know what your solution is.

For all I know the dish has been moved (I did give it a nidge a few days ago and it's pretty stiff) but I doubt it.

If it is the box, it'd be nice to know they will replace it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom