Sky Digital Query/Problem

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Paul Spiteri, Mar 28, 2002.

1. Paul Spiteri

Paul Spiteri

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Sirs,
    Ok heres the situation. We have a turned off sky digital installation in my mothers name which we've had since its launched but havnt subscribed to in over 1 and a half years.

Now that ITV Digital are about to go, I need sky digital back. However, I want it in my name and also I want it in my bedroom. I also dont want the Grundig GDS200 1st generation box we have sitting downstairs.

I thought I could just subscribe myself in my own name, but when I do that it asks if I already have a sky system in the 'household'. I've also seen someone on this forum say I could get a bill of £360 if I go down this route.

What on earth can I do?

The only thing I can think of (just this second) is to take out their extended warranty for £60, and then break the box after a month or so (the olde grundig I am refering to).

"Join the Sky Repair Protection Plan and, if your equipment breaks down after your 12 month manufacturer’s warranty expires, it will be either repaired or replaced and you pay nothing. The protection includes damage caused by accidents, breakdowns and realignment of your dish. "

Of course that still leaves getting the dish cable put through to my room, but thats pretty minor. I could get a local company to do that for a small fee i'm sure.

Comments/suggestions?
    Thanks
    Paul S

2. andyk

andyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +166
    have you tried altering the address?

If you add an "a" to the hose number they might think it is a flat and therfore a different household? I haven't tried this, but have seen it mentioned on this forum some time ago

3. Paul Spiteri

Paul Spiteri

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah but its a big risk.

4. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I wouldn't advise insurance fraud - especially having posted about it in advance. However why not get you screwdriver out and take your existing one down! Then you will no longer have "a sytem in the household".

Just a thought,

Lex.