1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Digital problem

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by fish99, Feb 1, 2003.

1. fish99

fish99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else with Sky Digital gets the same problem as me. Apparently, the digibox is switching from RGB to PAL every time I press the 'TV' button on the sky remote. Then press the 'SKY' button and it switches back to RGB. Why on earth would I want it to do that?

FYI the digibox is made by PACE and I've had it for about 3 years. I've only just realized my TV did RGB input, which is why I've never noticed this before. I have scart control turned on.

Anyone else get this?
    Cheers,
    Simon.

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's supposed to do that.

I forget the reason but I recall that it seemed quite sensible when I read about it.

There's some reason why you wouldn't want the Digibox putting out RGB while you are watching ordinary TV programmes. Probably obvious but it escapes me right now.

Sam

3. fish99

fish99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Ok. It seems a bit odd though, afterall I switch to Sky with the 'AV/Help' button on the sky remote, which won't switch sky back to RGB, so I have to remember to press the 'SKY' button now every time.

I wouldn't mind but I can't think of any good reason why I'd want Sky to switch to PAL when I'm not watching it.

4. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    RGB switching. First off u must have the PACE set to RGB in the services menu and not PAL. Then RGB can only be sent via a SCART cable. So basically when u are switching from SKY to TV then u are changing from SCART cable to coax. The TV is smart enough to know, SCART = RGB, coax = composite. Forget about the PAL bit as RGB is PAL as well.

If this helps good but if u are lost come back.

gb---

5. AOD

AOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that the reason for the switch was so you could view teletext on your TV by hitting the text button. Try picking a channel like ITV via your Sky box then press TEXT. You'll get a really helpful message telling you to press TV then TEXT.