1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Digital Problem

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Kev, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Kev

Kev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey there guys,

my sky seems to have just stopped working, ive phoned them and they are sending someone out but id rather not wait, nothing has changed, all plugs are in and i have tried turning it off for 10 secs and on again.

When i do signal test strength is just under half and sometimes half, and the quality is 0, lock indicator is not locked, network id is 0002 and trans stream is 07e4

any ideas on whats causing this ? theres a tree grown much much bigger from when i have my sky dish installed, but it seems to have been in the dishes way for ages and only recently stopped working.

basicly i cant be assed to wait for the sky guy, any ideas ?

cheers

Kev :thumbsup:

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Well it's been p*****g down in the midlands most of the day and given enough water in the atmosphere (clouds in other words) a satellite signal can be absorbed/masked resulting in total loss of signal or just sporadic problems.
    It doesn't even have to be chucking down outside your window, the storm clouds could be miles away and high and due to the signal path can still cause problems.

Now there could be a hardware problem but it wouldn't surprise me if the system was running as good as ever sooner rather than later.