1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKY+ Digital Output and normal output

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by trolltec, Jul 19, 2004.

1. trolltec

trolltec

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I've connected my Skyplus+ box to my AV amp for surround sound. However, apart from films etc, I'm more than happy for the sound to come out of the TV but adding the optical cable seems to have disabled sound output to the TV from the scart cable.

Is there a setting I need or should I connect RCA cables from the Digibox to the TV? It's just that if the wife and kids have to use control sound through the Amp and picture through the TV then my life will be hell! :thumbsdow

Cheers

2. AV Junky

AV Junky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    :confused: Strange

I have this configuration, with the sound routing to the TV fine.

Optical shouldn't make any difference to the SCART sound output.

3. trolltec

trolltec

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, I was afraid this might be the case. No, since I put the optical cable in I only get sound through the A/V Amp when watching Sky.

Does anyone know why it's cut out? I've checked the sound output in the system area of the Skybox. Anything else I can check?

4. trolltec

trolltec

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    D'oh - one should always check all cable connections before making oneself look a pratt by asking stupid questions on a forum!!! The SCART connector had come loose.