1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Digital On My Pc

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by askers, Sep 27, 2004.

1. askers

askers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am getting rid of my TV in my bedroom and I have been looking at getting a digital hauppage card to let me connect up either my outside tv aerial connection or my satellite dish connection. These cards I believe allow you to receive free view only channels either through the aerial or the satellite disk.

My main question is that any one with sky digital knows that there is an extra aerial connection on the box to allow it to be connected to another tv, so if i was to connect this to a tv card and obviously control selecting the channels with the remote, would this play back all of the subscription channels too. (WOULD THIS WORK AND WHAT CARD COULD ANY ONE RECCOMEND?

Thanks and hope someone can help.

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    I've got a Sky digibox connected this way - the RF2 output is connected to the aerial in on my TV card with control via a Sky Remote and a magic eye. It works fine and you can view all the channels althouth, obviously, you cant watch one channel on the PC while someone else watches another from the same box.

HTH

John

3. askers

askers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks mate for the quick reply, could you recommend a card for me to buy, obviously i will not need an expensive digital card as i don't want to receive free to air channels when i can watch all 200 channels on my sky digital which i pay £40 month for.

What cable would i need to use? Is the pic crystal clear just like watching it on the tv? as i will not have a tv n e more as using my pc only for this?

Thanks again and look forward to hearing from you

4. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Mine's a Packard Bell TV card from PC World, nothing special. I've just run an RF cable from the Sky box to the input on the card so no special cabling required.

Picture quality is OK but, as it's only an RF feed not great - perfectly watchable though.

HTH

John