Sky digital message error

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by softmind82, Mar 21, 2006.

1. softmind82

softmind82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys i want to ask a question about sky digital ... well i have a sky digital box and card , which i was using 6 months ago and then i got disconneted that connection and now i was just trying to connect it agian with my dish to watch fre view and Receiving message "NO sattelite signal" , but i pluged with 2 diferent dished but message was same .... what sort of problem it could be my card is been blocked or some thing else ... any suggestion please .
    Thanks.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    If the box is giving that message on a number of different dish/lnb feeds in different locations that work on other digiboxes then it sounds like the digital tuner is busted. If there was a problem with the card you would still get the FTA channels and a populated EPG.

3. softmind82

softmind82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

if digital tuner is busted then i should not receive any message or i should see any thing else it show me sky listing, and main message is no sattelite signal, what do u think it could be problem with the card or some thing .?

4. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,568
    It could be the dish connection or faulty LNB, nothing to do with the card.

5. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    As Starburst said, if you have connected it to two different dishes and are still getting the "no signal" message, then it's probably the tuner that's at fault. You won't get any listings, because you won't be receiving them. Of course, it's possible that you've connected the box to 2 faulty dishes, was the second dish on a working system ?

6. softmind82

softmind82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i recenlty move to this house and found 2 old dished out side my house and i can see cables are comming in to my window just trying to connect with digital box but on both dished mesage was same, one of my friend told me that we used to have ntl on this house, but i couldnt find any solution , might be dishes not woring properly.

any suggestion

7. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    The dishes could be old Sky analogue ones, which would be aimed at the wrong satellite. Try taking your box to someone you know that has a working Sky system.