1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Digital In Spain?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by MrRubberGloves, May 21, 2005.

1. MrRubberGloves

MrRubberGloves
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just bought an apartment (with the family) near Estepona on the Costa Del Sol and would also like to watch sky on the quiet nights there.

I've got Sky at home here in Blackpool and was wondering if I was to get Sky multiroom installed here will it come with a second duplicate card, at the moment I think I'm paying £41 a month (it's the full hit with all the extra football games included).

My Sky box hasn't been connected to a phone line here for over two years due to the phone line where the Sky box is installed goosing up.

Now, if sky multiroom does come with the second card will I be able to take it with me to Spain and use over there, I wouldn't take the box I'd buy one out there along with the satellite dish.

I would take the original card but when I goto Spain someone will be staying at my house so I'd like to leave them with full access to Sky.

Would it work? and would I be able to watch all the channels if the dish is big enough?

Thanks in advance.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    It really depends how long the card will be in Spain. Sky insist that both boxes in a multi-room package "phone home" so both have to be connected to a phone line, and have to phone home on demand. Although Sky will tolerate short periods where one box or the other doesn't phone home on demand, do it too often, and you'll find that you'll have the full unsubsidised price debited from your bank.

3. MrRubberGloves

MrRubberGloves
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    A maximum of two weeks, if it were to be any longer I'd probably send it home and then have it re-sent out. If it was to be any longer it would be a month maximum. Also it could be out the country for the odd weekend and will probably only out the country for a maximum of 3 months tops.

What would happen if the second box wasn't used a great deal and when not in use the box was switched off at the mains?

Just out of interest how much is the full unsubsidised price? Will it be another £41?

Thanks for the reply.

:smashin:

4. CheekyKid

CheekyKid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I had my 2nd digibox not connected to the telephone line for a month and i received a kind letter which states that i oughta plug the digibox back in since thats what the terms and conditions say.I wonder what happens if i say to them that I no longer have a telephone line so they would either cancel my subscriptions or let it slip. :rolleyes:

5. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    They would cancel your package (unless you had been connected less than 12 months, in which case they would take the full unsubsidised price for the rest of the contract period). Since you have only had it for a month, they would take the remaining months at full price from your bank account, which is what you agreed in the contract.

6. GrahameD

GrahameD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Get a UK local voip number from voiptel.org

get an isp in spain,
    connect the boxes to the black box that connects to the internet.
    The black box uses an account that conencts to a dedicated number UK local number.
    use this number in uk and spain via the small black box.
    Your box will then phone home if needed from spain.