Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sky Digital hardware?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Lee James, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Lee James

Lee James
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've read that Sky can supply you with different hardware at random (Amstrad/Pace etc.). Anyone know what's the best hardware (or what's the worst)? When the installer calls to confirm they're coming round, I'm thinking of asking them if they can bring a ____ model. But what should I ask for?

I'm hoping that whatever comes will have component or DVI output. Do I have any chance of getting this? Or will I have to settle for SCART? I want the best possible connection to my Hitachi 42PD5200 plasma!

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    scart only mate no sky boxs have component out and none have DVI (can buy an SDI modded sky+ box tho)
    panny/sony PACE boxes my favourites, Early sonys had optical outputs and Grundig (some) had S-video outs.... other wise all are the same, same outputs same remote (PACE Javelin is an exception but you wont get one of those) Sky+ get a PACE but HDD will probaby fail....Amstard and Thomson are the worst IMO

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Sky+ boxes have scart and s-video outputs. I output mine to my Hitachi 5300 via s-video, and it's OK. There are only two types of Sky+ boxes currently in circulation - Pace and Amstrad. Amstrad seem to suffer more problems at the moment.