Sky Digital hardware?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Grand Dizzy, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Grand Dizzy

Grand Dizzy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've read that Sky can supply you with different hardware at random (Amstrad/Pace etc.). Anyone know what's the best hardware (or what's the worst)? When the installer calls to confirm they're coming round, I'm thinking of asking them if they can bring a ____ model. But what should I ask for?

I'm hoping that whatever comes will have component or DVI output. Do I have any chance of getting this? Or will I have to settle for SCART? I want the best possible connection to my Hitachi 42PD5200 plasma!

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    scart only mate no sky boxs have component out and none have DVI (can buy an SDI modded sky+ box tho)
    panny/sony PACE boxes my favourites, Early sonys had optical outputs and Grundig (some) had S-video outs.... other wise all are the same, same outputs same remote (PACE Javelin is an exception but you wont get one of those) Sky+ get a PACE but HDD will probaby fail....Amstard and Thomson are the worst IMO

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Sky+ boxes have scart and s-video outputs. I output mine to my Hitachi 5300 via s-video, and it's OK. There are only two types of Sky+ boxes currently in circulation - Pace and Amstrad. Amstrad seem to suffer more problems at the moment.