1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Digital Fault

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by AngelEyes, Mar 28, 2004.

1. AngelEyes

AngelEyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,451
    Hi,
    I currently have Sky but my box has a fault and can't connect to the phone line. (I have made numerous checks on the line and sockets etc.)

Sky were kind enough to inform me after a phone call that it has not connected for about 6 months. (Nice of them to let me know...)

Is this a common problem and can I repair it myself, if not can you recommend someone who can fix it in the Cambridge area?

Many thanks.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    If this is a system that is still under the minimum 12 month phone connection requirment for a subsidised install then get SKY out under the warranty. Very surprised they would bother to pursue this T&C for a standard install.
    If you are outside the warranty period and need to meet the phone requirments of a "mirror" subscription then you have to confirm the problem is with the digibox itself and not the cable or the phone socket. Quickest way I can think of is to use your digibox on someone elses setup which you know to work otherwise spend a few pennies on a new phone cable:)