1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Digital EPG Updates...Where is it????

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by MikeyB, Sep 24, 2001.

1. MikeyB

MikeyB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is anyone else STILL waiting for the Sky EPG upgrade, the one that gives you the Personal Planner and stuff???

Im still stuck on the old one, and everyone I know with Sky has had it for ages.

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Be grateful you haven't got it. It's still buggy on the Pace digiboxes.

3. burkey

burkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried a forced download to see if this will update your box. Turn the power off wait a few seconds ,press and hold in the back up button, whilst still pressed in turn the power back on and wait until the 4 LED lights come on .Release the button .<br />This takes about 10 minuits to download and you should have the latest version .

4. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Or he could have a Sony which hasn't got it yet.

5. celticprince

celticprince

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is also messing up silver Pannies.

6. MikeyB

MikeyB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got one of the silver Pannie boxes, and i've tried the forced update, but after 3 hours of the "updating, do not switch off" message on screen (no I didnt sit and watch it, I went out!) I guessed it wasnt actually doing anything!

If it is messing up Pannie boxes Im glad I dont have it, altho I do have to unplug my box at least once every day as it is cuz it crashes.
    Strange thing is, my parents and my mate have had the update for ages and it works fine, my parents have a real old slow Grundig box, and my mates is a Pace.

It would be real useful to program it to change channel, specially as I've just been on holiday for two weeks, oh well!

7. Thor

Thor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah, Doubledoom is correct!
    Pace box is really crap (Hello SKY, are you reading this!). It locks up on me about twice nightly and is a REAL pain in the butt to correct it. I'm getting really fed up with it!:mad:

8. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you talking about the first generation pace digi box or the second, i've had the second generation box well over a year and never had to re-boot, it never freezes, and all relavant software downloads with no problem. Maybe i've got the one in a million that is faultless, but i think a good install with good quality cable (shielded) is a must. I live in the north of england an my signal strenth is 90% and the signal quality is 80%, it has to be one hell of a storm before it starts blocking.

The first digi box was a nightmare (first generation), it had all the problems that have been mentioned here and more. I went through 4+ boxes 3 LNB's before the system had no problems. So if you are not happy complain and get replacement boxes and LMB's, you viewing should not be interupted by freezing, blocking etc, if having to re-boot everyday then the box is at fault. Sky's had over three years broadcasting digital and it seems to be reliable, nine times out of ten it will be the equipment. As i said all the software and features work on my box so it should work on yours.

9. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There have been quite a few posts on the newsgroups from people all saying the same thing. It appears to effect most models from time to time but mainly the Pace.

It usually happens when scrolling u/down the channels or epg.

examples of the bugs are:

Selecting a channel but it goes to sky one or qvc instead.
    selecting a channel but it goes into interactive or other menu.
    selecing a channel but it freezes on the one you are on (sometimes resetting minutes later)
    selecting a channel but it resets the box back to channel 998

The bug was introduced with the PP software and there was an update which helped reduce the problems but did not get rid of it completely.

10. Thor

Thor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    You got it Doubledoom, these are some of the faults I'm having and yes my Pace box is the original one at the launch of digital.:rolleyes:

11. MikeyB

MikeyB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I get the bugs you mention above on my Pannie box, which does not have the PP (Personal Planner?) software, and never has had! Mine will also switch itself off when changing channels or trying to go into interactive, all very strange and annoying.

12. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At least you know it isn't a fault with the box.