1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Digital discreet codes needed..

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Luc, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Luc

Luc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    ... for the channel up and down buttons, so that when i hold them down they repeat, like the original remote. At the moment i have to press the buttons repeatedly, which is getting annoying...

2. js

js

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem on my OFA Mosaic
    The software LCD buttons I think are fine for when I view whats on next etc on sky but actually changing channel using the hard buttons I have to keep pressing them.

3. redmax

redmax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I presume you are using a Pronto of some kind Luc.
    I have a 940 and have programmed the hard keys by learning directly from the original Sky remote.
    I do not have any probs with channel up or down, I just hold either button and away it goes. I use the mute as the select key.
    The key is to make sure when you getting the pronto to learn that you hold the original button down until the OK is signalled by Pronto.

4. Luc

Luc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ah, thanks, i never thought about it that way. I originally stole someone's ccf and ripped it apart, couldn't be arsed to teach the Pronto myself...

5. redmax

redmax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I haven't really had my Pronto that long but the general method of using it is to do the following:
    In Prontoedit create panels for all of your own devices- they dont have to be clever just basic panels with the correct number of buttons for each function on your remote. The buttons will just be square basic buttons. You will then have 1-4 panels for each remote with a load of buttons that looks really boring.
    You then load these to the pronto and one by one learn every button from your original remotes.
    upload back to prontoedit. Now get the ccf that looks the best from the web and merge with your own panels.Make all of your panels hidden and use the downloaded ccf by creating aliases to your own hidden panels.
    By doing it this way you get to use the benefits of somebody elses artwork that uses all of your own learned codes so no corrupted files.
    Now if you ever change a single piece of equipment eg. the dvd player- you only have to re-learn the buttons on the panel (hidden) for the dvd player thus keeping the structure of the ccf intact. Hope this helps.