Sky Digital and Trees

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Legendary, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Legendary

Legendary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I was told Sky Digital might not like trees.

My Garden and next door gardens in the back have plenty of trees.

I got an idea where I would like to put the mini - dish on 8th of August, but not sure if it acceptable as there is a tree in my neighbour garden could be blocking the signals. I will have a look around at other people dishes to find some ideas which way it need to face.

Any advise would be nice. I didn't want to ask my new neighbour to trim the trees

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    It's not just tress that a SKY D system dislikes.
    Any thing that can block the microwave signal from the satellite from reaching your dish is to be avoided at all costs.
    If the installer decides the installation is not possible(Or more likely take too long) then you will get any money already paid refunded, you can then decide if it's worth talking to an independent installer.

3. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +715
    I forget the actual elevation angle for Astra at 28 degrees - but it's around 25 or 26 degrees.
    If you look from the appropriate point(s) where the dish would normally be sited at 25 degrees angle, you need to ensure that you can see a clear sky - i.e. no obstructions.

Chris Muriel, Manchester.

4. Legendary

Legendary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Trouble with the dishes and trees and climbing up the ladder it is difficult to know if the dishes will have a clear view as the trees are about 1/2 meters above my windows (about 10 metre away) and the tree are not so bushy at the top. I might get away with it.

I will ask the installers for their opinons when they come, let hope this bloke will be helpful and experienced and can supply a panasonic box ;-).