1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky digital and PD30

Discussion in 'TVs' started by screemer, Aug 11, 2004.

1. screemer

screemer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Just wondering what the qaulity is like between sky digital and the panny pd30 through RGB. Heard it has some problems?? Any workarounds?

2. bazzae123

bazzae123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Problems? you better believe it. The PD30 gives RGB a bad name. Best well avoided. Only solution I know of is to get a Sky+ and use the S-video output. Oh, by the way I had three different PD30's and all were rubbish on Sky RGB.

3. GadgetObsessed

GadgetObsessed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +640
    I connected my Sky+ V1 to my 36PD30 using both s-video and RGB simultaneously to compare the picture quality. I found that the only difference was occasional solarisation effects via RGB e.g. with a candle on a dark background you could clearly see individual bands of colour. In all other respects I could not tell the difference between the RGB and s-video feed.

The other RGB problems that I encountered with some DVD players (black crushing, horizontal lines of interference) did not appear when using the RGB output from my Sky+ or using certain other DVD players.