Sky Digital and image 'ghosting'

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by johndon, Feb 11, 2002.

1. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    I have my Sky Digibox (Amstrad) connected to my TV (Toshiba 40WH08B) via scart into a scart socket that handles RGB input and I've set the box to output RGB.

Whilst the picture is great, I have problems with 'ghosting' in the background of the picture. This normally consists of two vertical lines moving across the screen. The problem does seem worse on some sky channels (particularly Sky Sports 1) but exists to some extent on all channels.

If I plug the digibox into the VCR and then from the VCR to the TV, the ghosting is there but it constists of an image of whichever channel the VCR is tuned to.

I'll admit that the scart leads I'm using were cheap so I'm wondering if the problem may be due to signal interference.

Has anyone seen this type of thing and can recommend a solution.

John

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This problem could be due to poor screening of your leads, try a fully screened scart.

I would go for the QED or IXOS range myself......i wouldn't use anything else.......try HiFiBitZ they do a good range the AV21 0.5m is £35.99 and the 1m is £42.99

QED AV21

3. Paul G

Paul G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    Is this interference still there when the the only scart connection is the Sky box to EXT1?
    If so, it sounds like crosstalk inside the TV or faulty Digibox.

I have had similar problems but it only affected viewing on EXT2 and was the result of the EXT2 OUTPUT being set to "EXT1".
    Changing this to "MONITOR" masks any crosstalk in the scart.

John