1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky digital abroad? pls help

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by sapkan, Sep 8, 2004.

1. sapkan

sapkan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have been living in the UK for six years and I have become addicted to sky. Now I am going back to Bulgaria and heard from somewhere that I might be able to receive sky there too :thumbsup: .

As far as I understand I need to get a sky digibox that is unsubsidied (Dont have my old digibox anymore) so I will not need to have a UK landline connected to it. And get a sky card and pay my monthly subscribtion with my UK card. Dont know much about the dish but I think it needs to be a pretty big one.

I am missing something out :confused: ? Anyone that can confirm for sure about reception in Bulgaria? Where can I get a full price digibox from?

:lease: help

2. wod

wod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    you can but not sure on dish size, it could be about 2metre and you'll need a good reciever like the pace 2600 or panasonic digibox for fringe reception

3. sapkan

sapkan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    anyone of you sat experts on dish size?
    also where can I get an unsubsidised dish? is sky gonna sell me one?

thanks in advance

4. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think if you were to ask SKY for a dish that is anything bigger than their standard size dish then they would get very suspicious, i don't think they would sell you a dish seperately anyway. There is bound to be a few outlets in Bulgaria that would hold a dish of the size that you would be wanting? They would probably be more helpful in letting you know the size etc. Just do a search on the web for astra footprint and there should be plenty of sites that will give you the relevant information. Also you could probably get yourself hold of a good second hand receiver on ebay for next to nothing. As stated earlier one of the panasonic's would be a good choice, dsb-30 springs to mind?