Sky digital abroad? pls help

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by sapkan, Sep 8, 2004.

1. sapkan

sapkan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have been living in the UK for six years and I have become addicted to sky. Now I am going back to Bulgaria and heard from somewhere that I might be able to receive sky there too :thumbsup: .

As far as I understand I need to get a sky digibox that is unsubsidied (Dont have my old digibox anymore) so I will not need to have a UK landline connected to it. And get a sky card and pay my monthly subscribtion with my UK card. Dont know much about the dish but I think it needs to be a pretty big one.

I am missing something out :confused: ? Anyone that can confirm for sure about reception in Bulgaria? Where can I get a full price digibox from?

:lease: help

2. wod

wod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    you can but not sure on dish size, it could be about 2metre and you'll need a good reciever like the pace 2600 or panasonic digibox for fringe reception

3. sapkan

sapkan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    anyone of you sat experts on dish size?
    also where can I get an unsubsidised dish? is sky gonna sell me one?

thanks in advance

4. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think if you were to ask SKY for a dish that is anything bigger than their standard size dish then they would get very suspicious, i don't think they would sell you a dish seperately anyway. There is bound to be a few outlets in Bulgaria that would hold a dish of the size that you would be wanting? They would probably be more helpful in letting you know the size etc. Just do a search on the web for astra footprint and there should be plenty of sites that will give you the relevant information. Also you could probably get yourself hold of a good second hand receiver on ebay for next to nothing. As stated earlier one of the panasonic's would be a good choice, dsb-30 springs to mind?