elite_uk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I live with my parents and they have sky (Just normal sky no +) and what ever they watch I can view it in my own room, but Iv just got my new 32" LCD and want sky for my self so I can get the best picture possible using the connections on the back of the sky box but I just looked at the back of there box and it only has two scarts no HDMI Connectivity ect. So I just looked on the sky website for the multi-room boxs but they look basic and was just wondering what sort of connections it takes on the back of the box?

Thanks

All Sky boxes have identical connections except the Sky+ which has an optical audio output and an S-Video connection. Some old Grundigs also have an S-Video output and Sony digiboxes have an optical audio output too. So RGB scart is the best you will get from any Sky box.

For HDMI or component you will have to wait for Sky HD.

There is no special multiroom box. Sky's website shows a box that is no longer made.

Just looked for a made on the front of the living room box and it says Amstrad which iv read poor. Trying to persuade my parents to get Sky+ means I can get a better multi-room box or not? What multi-room box will I get and is it just the same as the normal one?

Thanks

elite_uk said:
What multi-room box will I get and is it just the same as the normal one?

You won't.
If your parents go ahead and get Sky+ the old Amstrad box (which is theirs) becomes the Multiroom box.

elite_uk said:
What multi-room box will I get and is it just the same as the normal one?
Which part of "there is no special multiroom box" wasn't clear?
All current Sky digiboxes have the same sockets and have identical functions. You will get the brand they happen to have on the van.

Only the Sky+ has any extra sockets and even they aren't ones that you want for your screen.

One point though, if your parents get Sky+ then for the same £10 extra for multiroom you could have a Sky+ too.

xxxx said:
One point though, if your parents get Sky+ then for the same £10 extra for multiroom you could have a Sky+ too.

now that rounds like an idea, I didnt see that option on there site...but I'll get onto cheers

You'll need to pay for the box but as far as the monthly extra cost goes it's a good deal.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom