1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky digibox to themescene h30

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by reevesy, Apr 28, 2005.

1. reevesy

Feb 20, 2005
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    hi all,
    have just got a panasonic digi box off ebay to add to my current set up and was going down the road of connecting it via a rgb to component converter then use my amp as the video switcher.couple of questions really, firstly is anyone else using this sort of set up with an h30 and whats the quality like?and secondly having looked at all these seperate switchers and converters on the market at the moment is there a better way of doing the job i know its all subjective but there seems to be some expensive ones and some cheap on the market especially on (not surprisenly) on ebay.so any help and/or advice would be most appreciated.cheers.
  2. Ciqala

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    i have my sky+ hooked up by rbg scart (cheapy vivanco one, will replace with an ixos soon i think) to a js-tech rgb2yuv convertor then through a cheap jvc component lead into my denon av1905 and a mark grant component lead to the h30a.

i'm still in the process of setting my equipment up and changing the settings on the pj but at the moment the sky+ image is coming across very dark compared to the input from my dvd player. however i want to try with a better scart lead and replace the component lead with another mark grant one and i also need to run through my dve disk so i cant say if its my setup or not. i'll try to remember to come back and update this when i get a chance to get things setup a bit better.