1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Digibox Satellite Reciever code for a Panasonic HS860 SVHS Recorder?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by The Saint, Nov 24, 2001.

1. The Saint

The Saint
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    This is my first post to these forums and unfortunately it is a plea for help.

Just picked up a Panasonic HS860 SVHS recorder on a managers special offer at Comet (ex display). Unfortunately the "enclosed list of compatable satellite receiver codes" is missing.

Tried Panasonic's web site and downloaded the operating manual - but no mention of the code in the electronic copy. Still waiting on there technical support replying!!

Would be grateful for any info that forum members could provide to assist me in tracing the code.

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,045
    Hi is that Simon Templar?

What Sat box do you have? Here are some codes to try anyway .216, 242, 224,223, 225, 235/236, 216, 220, 26, 218, and 234.

Let us know how you fair.

Best of luck.

:cool: Ruby quartz shades.

3. The Saint

The Saint
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Garrett

My Box is an Amstrad Digibox - I believe that all digiboxes (with the exception of Sky + use the same codes as Philips make all the remote controls).

Will have a go with the codes you suggest tonight and will let you know how I got on.

By the way you guessed correctly the origin of my ID - nickname given to me as a kid due to the similarity between my name and that of "The Saint" - showing my age now!!!

Thanks again.

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,045
    The code for the Amstrad DRX100 is 216, so if you tried some already you should have got it as it was the first code. If it doesn’t work I will look further into it.

By the way is that an ES machine? So far I found it rubbish.

Not giving my age away but I’ve seen all the Roger Moore’s, The Saint, but it could have been the repeats on Bravo.

Regards Garrett

5. The Saint

The Saint
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Garrett - 216 appears to work. however not having much success with programmed recording - possibly a line of sight problem - so still working on that. Handbook suggests VCR can be controlled by the timer on the Digibox - any experience of this?

The VCR is an ET model - don't know what the quality of this is as yet - currently only using the full SVHS facilities as I got a good deal on SVHS tapes at Currys

6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,045
    Glad the code worked for you.
    As to the other, sorry I have not tried it, but as you can now program the digibox, it is no real problem.

Have you ever had any trouble taping on normal tape when recording some programs with TBC and 3D?

I went in Curry’s today but there was no twin SVHS packs in only the triple packs at £14.95? By the way Pricebusters do them for £2.49 each which is as cheap as Curry’s (wrongly priced ones?) if you don’t take the 3 for the price of 2 in to account. The only plus side is I tend to use 4 hour tapes as you can get 2 long films on one tape, not unless you use LP.

Hope you have success with the programmed recording.