Sky Digibox & RD-XS32S will it work?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by PJD, Jan 6, 2005.

1. PJD

PJD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help please have scanned the forum until my eyes are starting to explode :lease:

Have had the RD-XS32 for some time now but until now have been editing old VHS tapes etc.

Have now decided to connect to the TV my setup is as described Page 18 (Installation Guide)

It mentions satellite receiver now is this only for the STB that you plug a UK terrestrial aerial into?

I now live over in France the TV is new Pal/Secam but I do not wish to watch or record French TV

Have Sky System so have connected the scart leads from digibox to AV2 then from AV1 to TV ( Page 18) but not the terrestrial input side.

Having made these connections when the recorder is on, I can view and record the current station perfectly but soon as I switch off the recorder the TV goes blank is this normal? Like a VCR Should the signal, pass through the recorder to the TV.

Can the recorder be used with the Sky digibox have tried to setup and control the programs with the IR transmitter on two boxes Grundig 1473 and Pace 1474 none of them work do I have to manually tune in the Sat stations somehow all very confusing.

Cheers and Thanks any help gratefully appreciated

2. tobyjuggler

tobyjuggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    You have to press the SAT MON. button (bottom row, centre button) to get the box to pass through the signal. This works with the box on and in standby. Also, if you are using RGB (TV out on STB into AV2 on DVD recorder), don't press the TV button on the Sky remote as this will cause your DVD recorder to lose the signal until you press the SKY button again.

To control your Sky box you need to first press the SAT CONT. button (next to SAT MON.), then use either the numbers under the flip-up lid or the channel buttons just below the power button on the remote. If this doesn't work try using the code 0326 in the STB setting in the tosh setup menu. As for the IR itself that controls the STB, I have found the best position for most reliable channel changing to be on top of the box and overhanging so that the IR transmitter is directly above the IR receiver on the STB.

3. kitschcamp

kitschcamp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Has anyone tried a device like this?

I use one of these with my Tivo - it's powered off the RF port of the Sky box and allows you to send channel changes to the RF port directly rather than using IR to get near 100% channel change reliability. I can't remember the last time my Tivo has lost a channel change since getting one two years ago.

I'm now considering the RD-XS32 to work alongside my Tivo to deal with clashes after one too many fights with sky over sky+. I had considered the Philips 720 thing till I read the comments here, but now this seems to be the winner.

4. PJD

PJD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks tobyjuggler

Have followed your instructions and it now works FINE did not realize that you had to press the SAT MON button first then switch the recorder off there is a lot of text in the manual and its the little things that catch us all out, also thanks for the 0326 STB code
    Cheers Again

5. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    Just one detail - pressing SAT MON also works when the recorder is off, so you don't have to press it before you power off the recorder, you can also do it afterwards. (Recorder has to be plugged in obviously...)

Mark

6. PJD

PJD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Mark for that extra info did not know that, wonder how many other things we don't know about that are not included in the manual

Pete

7. tobyjuggler

tobyjuggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ;).