1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Digibox help please....

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by peterp, Oct 1, 2004.

1. peterp

peterp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all
    This is also to hello as this is my first post here.I look forward to speaking to some of you in the future.
    I hope someone can help me.Recently the picture on I'm receiving from my Sky box has some faint'shadowy horizontal lines' which follow the figures on the screen at times.This seems to only happen with ceratin channels.We've had an engineer call and said it was a problem with the Tv.So we had the telly checked out and they said it was the Sky box!!
    Help!We're going aroung in circles here.
    Also we used to view sky using the PAL setting and now use the RGB setting as recommended by the sky engineer which makes thew picture set slightly to the left.The PAL setting only makes the picture slightly honeycomb.
    I know-so many problems here in one post!!!!!
    Thankyou for any advice you can give us
    Take care
    Peter.

2. edgar

edgar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Peter
    Tell me, have you recently added a new video or dvd or something else to your sky box? and are you connected with a scart to the tv or just RF aerial lead. Brain

3. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Hi Peter, and welcome to the Forum.

I would assume, if the Sky engineer suggested you use an RGB connection, that you are indeed connected by Scart.

As far as the picture being slightly to the left of the screen when using RGB is concerned, I can only advise you that when my own TV (a Sony 36") is receiving an RGB input, it allows me to move the picture left/right on the screen, and I wonder if yours offers you the same facility. I know my last set (a 32" Panansonic) did not allow me that luxury.

Hope it works for you. :thumbsup:

Martin.

4. peterp

peterp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys
    Thanks for the replies.Yes,I am using a scart setup..its as follows

1.Scart lead1 from TV socket on back of sky box to RGB scart socket on back of TV
    2.Scart lead2 from VCR socket on back of sky box to back of video.
    3.Scart lead3 from dvd player to back of TV(av1 s-video)
    Also external aerial is plugged into back of Sky box.
    RF cable to aerial socket on back of TV.

Sorry to be so confusing.Must admit that it does seem to have happened since installing the DVD player,though..is it a case of just having to put up with it..?
    Thankyou again for all your help
    Take care
    Peter.

5. edgar

edgar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has The Dvd Player Got A Rf Loop Through With The Aerial? If So You Will Have To Change The Rf Output Chan On The Dvd Player Or The One One The Sky+ As They Are Prob Interfearing With Each Other. Also Try Disconnecting The Aerial From Your Sky Box And See If Sky Is Ok Then.
    Let Me Know How You Get On. Brian