1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Digibox (Grundig) Just died.

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by reddux, Apr 23, 2005.

1. reddux

reddux
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ok, so after getting my brand new Denon DHT-500 setup and connected to my Samsung 50" DLP RP, I switched the power back on to everything including digibox when all the lights started flashing really fast on it and it's making an unhealthy clicking/knocking noise, can't make it stop or do anything even with remote :(

I've searched this forum and google even and can't find much info :mad: did read something about Grundig's standard fault of power supplies breaking :confused: I'm pretty sure this has happened. The box is about 5 years old, and can't remember the last time it was unplugged or even switched off at the mains so this might have had something to do with it.

[in a newbie tone] Unless my new home cinema has somehow damaged it, I only took the Scart lead out to put in the DVD player just before I switched it on?

Anyone know the exact problem and whether it can be fixed easily (and cheaply) OR is it new box time (Damn Sky+ boxes still too expensive :mad: )?

2. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    Satcure is yer best place for info on diagnosis and cure (which they also sell). Read their site thoroughly. A V1 Sky+ box on eBay the other day sold for £70; seen 'em go for the same price on our classifieds here too. Maybe the market is less demand-led thatn it once was (?).

HTH,
    Mike.