Sky Digibox (Grundig) Just died.

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by reddux, Apr 23, 2005.

1. reddux

reddux
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ok, so after getting my brand new Denon DHT-500 setup and connected to my Samsung 50" DLP RP, I switched the power back on to everything including digibox when all the lights started flashing really fast on it and it's making an unhealthy clicking/knocking noise, can't make it stop or do anything even with remote :(

I've searched this forum and google even and can't find much info :mad: did read something about Grundig's standard fault of power supplies breaking :confused: I'm pretty sure this has happened. The box is about 5 years old, and can't remember the last time it was unplugged or even switched off at the mains so this might have had something to do with it.

[in a newbie tone] Unless my new home cinema has somehow damaged it, I only took the Scart lead out to put in the DVD player just before I switched it on?

Anyone know the exact problem and whether it can be fixed easily (and cheaply) OR is it new box time (Damn Sky+ boxes still too expensive :mad: )?

2. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    Satcure is yer best place for info on diagnosis and cure (which they also sell). Read their site thoroughly. A V1 Sky+ box on eBay the other day sold for £70; seen 'em go for the same price on our classifieds here too. Maybe the market is less demand-led thatn it once was (?).

HTH,
    Mike.