1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Digibox Extender

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Tezdread, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Tezdread

Tezdread

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I need to order some cable and relevant ends but don't know what they're called :rolleyes:

I've moved my Sky box to another part of the room and the cable is now to short so need another bit of cable. One end will be the same as the connector in the back of the Sky box (female I assume) and the other end needs to be the same as it currently is (male)

Could someone let me know the correct names for the connectors and cable. Any links to order them would be cool as well

2. gerbilly

gerbilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94

You will need two f type connectors and any satelitte compliant coaxial cable. You will also need a connector to connect the old cable to the new one.
    Maplins will be able to sell you this stuff for less than a tenner or even somewhere like B and Q or homebase.

3. Tezdread

Tezdread

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nice one, will check maplins out on my way home, guess I could have just asked them but didn't know if I had to order them online :thumbsup:

4. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Tezdread, If you have Sky+ you will need everything times 2, Two runs of CT100 or equivalent coaxial cable, Four F-Type Plug connectors and Two F-Type Couplers,