1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky digibox dimensions?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Nick23, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Nick23

Nick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Does anyone know the current width, heigh and depth dimensions of the different brands of sky digital boxes? I'm just about to get rid of my analogue cable and want to get sky but I would like to make sure the sky box can fit ontop of my DVD player (or vice versa).

BTW is there any vent slots on the sky boxes that shouldn't be covered on the top or sides?

Thanks

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes. Any electronic equipment like this which gets hot (most use about 20 Watts even in standby) should be allowed a minimum of 100mm air gap all round.

It's best to mount each unit on a separate, open shelf, away from the wall and away from any heat source. (Even modern central heating reduces the life of equipment significantly).

If you won't do this then you have a choice of fitting a fan or of resigning yourself to the fact that the equipment is going to fail much sooner than it otherwise would (often months, not years).

Fman

3. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Why not get digital cable ?

4. Nick23

Nick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned: