Sky Digibox and Magic Eye

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by gizmogadgetgirl, Mar 10, 2002.

1. gizmogadgetgirl

gizmogadgetgirl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have sky digibox in one room and magic eye in another so satellite can be watched in two rooms. Recently I purchased a Toshiba 36ZP18P which is in the room with the magic eye. The picture is not as sharp as with the previous tv (21"). It is my intention to change round the satellite connections. I would just like clarification that moving the digibox to the toshiba would produce a clearer picture. I know it probably sounds pretty obvious but would appreciate the response from knowledgeable folks before I get someone in to do this. As you may have guessed I am a bit of a novice at this type of thing. Cheers, Linda:blush:

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Always best to have the digibox connected to the main TV you are viewing, to guarantee best possible picture, especially if it's a 36" set. Would think it safe to say if you have the digibox relocated your picture quality will improve.

3. gizmogadgetgirl

gizmogadgetgirl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Bob, thought so!:)

4. Nick23

Nick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why not try moving the 36" TV to the digi box first to see if it improves the picture. Doing that would be much easier than moving the STB to the TV. At least that way you don't have to mess about with the $ky cabling.

5. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not familiar with the Magic Eye device but most devices of this type only transmit Composite Video which is the poorest of the video options used.

When you connect the Digibox to the 36" TV make sure you use a good quality Scart lead and set the Video Output to RGB from the Sky setup menu. Also ensure Scart Control is set to on.

DaveP

6. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    The Remote Eye connection from you Sky box is via an RF connection so the picture is only as good as your tuner on your TV and the cable used to carry the signal.

Best to have the main TV plugged via scart from the digibox and use the second TV via the remote eye.

I'm using two in my house for the bedrooms and the picture is very good in both, but nowhere near as good as the main TV via and RGB scart :)