Sky Digibox 16:9 4:3 second output problems

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by vgopal, Mar 19, 2005.

1. vgopal

vgopal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, im having problems making my sky box output 4:3

from the service, picture settings menu the output is set as 16:9
    the second output setting is set as 4:3L.

both RF outlets on the box have a 16:9 image.

i have the sky signal going to a splitter/amplifier to distribute the signal around the house, but now all tellys have a 16:9 image when they are all 4:3 tellys.

my main tv is 16:9

anyone got a way to sort this or had similar experiences?

ive also been to the installed menu and enabled the 2nd rf output and turned off the 9v option.

2. PAULFL

PAULFL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem.
    Whatever you do the Digibox always outputs the format set on the main setting.
    Asked on various forums but no solution. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    The second location picture ratio is only activated IF it receives a command from the remote control via the TVlink device connected to RF2.
    As you you know SKY boxes can only output one picture ratio (across all it's connections) at anyone time so if you are controlling the digibox via it's man IR sensor and it's connected to a widescreen telly you will get a 16:9 ratio (assuming that is what you have set the ratio at). The same digibox if controlled from a remote location via the tvlink will switch to the secondary location picture ratio when it receives the remote command, not a perfect solution but makes the task of switching between modes easier.

If you are not using a TVlink then it won't work and it is possible for some amp/distributers to block the RF2 voltage thus preventing it from working as well.