sky digi

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by hitz, Mar 4, 2002.

1. hitz

hitz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Been looking at getting sky digital installed.
    What i need is 2 installations (one downstairs/one upstarirs) so that i can watch different channels independently.
    If i subscribe to sky world for a month (change down after)
    then installation will cost £1 when you order online.
    Then i presume extra install will cost £50 but what i do not want to do is pay £215 for the extra box. Im sure i can get a second hand box for cheaper. but will sky install this if i dont buy the box from them.
    Also - i must have the sony stb as it goes with the rest of my setup and it has optical. I know sky direct cant guarentee this - so who do i go to who can install for £1 and do the extra install and provide me with a sont stb.
    I live in london (north west) and have had so much difficulty trying to locate a dealer who can do this for me.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    You could probably get the Sony from an independent but I think they could only offer the £25/£40 installation deal.
    If you take pot luck on the £1 deal and then use whatever reciever they give you as the second box and look for a Sony on ebay or online.
    SKY will not supply and install a replacement LNB and cable unless you buy the second box from them, that's why in my opinion the whole second box package for £265 isn't bad value.

Don't forget the "mirror" sub is £12 a month and both boxes have to be connected to the same phone line.

These guys are CAI listed and might be close to you.....

http://www.hendon-satellite.com