1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky digi box with S-video output?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by MS007, May 18, 2001.

1. MS007

MS007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do any of the sky digi boxes put out an s-video output?
    Cheers.

2. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sony do a box I believe witha s-video out. That also has digital audio out via an optical connection.
    Grundig definetly make digiboxes with s-video out. Any of their model numbers with /2 after will indicate that it has the socket you require. Though actually getting one from Sky would probably be the hard part and buying one could set you back a couple hundred smackers.
    Try www.e-bay.co.uk for a second hand one.

3. mart.stokes

mart.stokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my Grundig 310/2 from e-bay, brand new and excellent service from the guy who sold it me. If you want his e-mail address let me know via e-mail.

4. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Mart, how much did u pay?

5. mart.stokes

mart.stokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    £130, bit over the top but I haven't been disappointed with the service I received. The first box had a minor "glitch", the guy sent out a second box straight away and arranged for the first box to be picked up.

I wanted s-video so I could feed my s-vhs VCR and already had the original Pace box. I could have farted about trying to get one from Sky but it wasn't worth the hassle, I still have my Pace as a back up. The only thing I had to do was ring up Sky to match my new box to my viewing card, took seconds once I got through.

Luck of the draw, I see some go for £60, I see others (the Sony and Panasonics) go for a lot more. I can never understand the logic of some of the bidding, two people will start to outbid each other on an item making the price rocket while exactly the same item on sale by another person will go for a lot less!!!

The e-bay trader's name was compuscienceuk but there are meant to be other reliable traders on there. The guy (Ron) sent the box before he had received my payment.

6. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Thanx Mart. ;)